Weight Loss Ticker

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Trouble in Fillville or is this normal???

Hi...a quick post from our hotel in Canberra....I am super tight.  This morning I struggles (as mentioned) with my second cup of tea and was not even hungry till 11am and even then not super hungry even.  I made myself an Optifast shake which took about 20 mins to get through.  I could feel each mouthful and then after a few minutes it would dribble down and I could take another.  Even water was the same. It feels like the first week after surgery. Hunger came again slightly at 1.30pm where we stopped at Macca's on the drive down to Canberra.  I wasn't super hungry so chose the chicken snack wrap which looked huge to me and a skim cap.

I drank the skim cap first and took about 20 mins to eat half the chicken strip and two tiny mouthhfuls of lettuce and then I was super done.  No wrap or anything.  About 2 hours later I ate the other half of the chicken strip and had a skim cap again as I had a headache coming on.  I have not drunk half the water I usually would and I would say now at 5.30 is the first time I have felt a little untight.

So is this normal???  I am going to eat nothing at this rate....but hey I could lose a ton.

Just need some more experienced people to give their advice.  Please remember that I have never had bandster hell so I am tighter than alot of you to begin with.....

I look forward to your feed back....oh and Band Groupie 'bickie' is a biscuit...just Aussie slang!!!!

Talk soon

Sally xxx

Ps:  I am halfway to my 'worst' result weight...whoo hooo

6 comments:

  1. For myself I find that coffee and tea are really filling so I would suggest having them between meals and not right before a meal as you need to eat actual food (ie not liquid).

    If I have a coffee in the morning that can keep me going for quite a while so you need to concentrate on filling up on good food obviously in small quantities. :-)

    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont have any advice as not banded yet... only to say water is so important... you dont want to get dehydrated!!! Hope you feel less tight asap!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as you are able to get in fluids and enough protein then you are fine. I eat very little during the day as I am super tight, then I eat around 4 ounces of protein with a veg in the evening. But it is all in how you want to be able to eat. Might want to talk to your nutritionist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not banded yet either, Mar. 24 for me, but I have a question. Is Macca's, McDonalds? I'm learning Aussie slang myself so I'm just checking. Maybe it isn't slang and thats what its called?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sally,
    thanks for your post on my blog.. are things getting any easier? I have read that people do two days fluids and two days mushies after a tight fill and that seems to help. My doc doesn't require that but I can see how it might help. Hoping things get better for you.. be well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fill seems a bit tight but if you are feeling OK with it you can carry on and see if it doesn't loosen up after losing a bit of weight. Mine usually loosens every 5-10 pounds.

    A word of caution. If you can feel the tea pool and then go through with no food you might want to stay near the doctors office so you can get an un-fill in an emergency. being that tight can turn ugly very quickly with a small eating mistake and stomach swelling.

    ReplyDelete