Weight Loss Ticker

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Eleven Kilos and some thoughts.

Yes that is right...I have lost another kg bringing my total to 11.4kg (25.08 lbs...yes the .08 counts!!!) In fact since my fill I have lost 3.4kg (7.48lbs) but I do admit that I have been hungrier this week, so won't say no to another one in 2 weeks.  I seem to be still ok on four meals and lots of water and cups of tea.
It is funny how not many people have noticed that I have lost weight, I had one comment from a friend at 8kg and then last week from a lady at school who noticed but really no one else except my youngest daughter and my husband when I was wearing my new 3/4 jeans on the weekend.  But I have noticed from some of the blogs I have read, that many of you didn't get any comments early on in the weight loss but the more you lost it took less losses for people to notice.  I don't mind it was just an observation.  I feel way too good in myself to care.

Another thing is the things that males say...honestly do they think sometimes?  My DH has been away a bit over the last 2 weeks and the other night I was telling him how stuck I had been and how it all came back up.  I said that I thought it was because I would be tighter from my period and I ate the food a little too quickly.  Well he said " You always eat too fast".  I go...are you kidding???  Maybe pre band but for goodness sake I now take ages to eat just a cup full and most of the time leave some on my plate.  How can he not notice???  I sure he just spoke without thinking.....well here's hoping...for his sake!!!!  LOL.

Another thing is that now I have heaps of leftovers, because I can't eat a full serve anymore and I think that I need to allow 1 night a week for eating the leftovers.  I always take my lunch to work, even more so post-band so it is great on those days but last night I made a chicken korma curry with sweet potato, carrot and peas and then realised DH was coming in late from Melbourne so we have even more left over and I hate to waste good food.  Lucky he had some for lunch today..as did I so it is being whittled away.


I went to see Precious today at the movies.  Once again I turned up to Tafe (College) ready to get started on my course and today there was a teachers strike....arghhhhh.  I had gotten up early, got the kids and their lunch ready, guzzled breaky (well as fast as a bander can...more like chew chew chew as you do things in the kitchen and then popped dinner on in the slow cooker.  Luckily, DH was working from home and took the kids to school but within an hour I was home.  I text one of the other girls and she didn't turn up because she received a phone call...well why the hell didn't I and a few others????
So on the way home I thought I would go home and check the session times for Precious which is only one at Independant cinemas and then found out it was starting in 3/4 hour so I hot footed it over there and just made it only to find out it was a Reel Mums (you know mum and bubs) session.  I went in anyway and the bubs were great.  It is such a sad movie but great in the end because she realises her worth and gets out of the situation.  I feel less energetic today so it was a nice treat.  Bummer though because I could have gone to Deep Aqua...anyway have been twice this week and will go tomorrow with my firend.  I wore my pedometer to work yesterday and in 6 hours (left early because it wasn't busy) did 7,500 steps and it wasn't that busy.  According to my WW pedometer I was healthy and earnt 1 point!!!  Not that I am counting.


These pants I have on are really quite baggy now and loose at the top and can be pulled down without undoing.  I love wearing the baggier clothes because it shows yourself that you have lost but then I think people notice more in tighter clothes.  At one stage DH had to help me do these up just before the pre-op diet.  I have a white pair and balck pair of these pants if anyone pre-surgery or of a larger size would like them....size 18 Suzanne Grae which I always think is generous sizing so might even fit a size 20.

Well I could say heaps more but don't want to bore you all.

Oh and thanks to my new followers...I now have 30...unbelievable

For now....Sally xxx



5 comments:

  1. I wore my bigger sized clothes as long as possible and when I finally spent some money on clothes that fit, that's when I started getting comments on how much weight I'd lost!!

    Be careful with the leftovers - GB and I both have trouble with microwaved stuff - because it dries it out so much.

    Congrats on the 11+ kgs that's fantastic!

    Em :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking great - people will definately notice when you ditch the baggy clothes :-)

    I'm the opposite - as soon as I can get into a smaller size I'm there because it gives me a boost just to know I can squeeze into them (even if there is some muffin toppige hehe)

    Of course for me at the moment there is a great big muffin top but luckily it is filled with baby hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sally: I agree, I love the looser clothes, but you will get more people noticing if you wear tighter clothes.
    Connundrum.
    I cannot say that I am not jealous of the warm weather in Oz due to our snow blow out here... but I am glad to hear your family is enjoying your lovely weather. My son did LOVE playing in the snow, though.

    Cheers and see you soon!!
    Congrats on your weight loss progress--amazing and you're looking terrific.
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to say, you are looking fab. That smile on your face says it all, even if others don't. Once I lost 30 pounds and waited for my sister to say something, which of course she didn't. My other sister thought she didn't say anything, because I always gain it back. Connundrum.

    11 kilo is fantastic. So happy for you. I have a smile on my face too for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go on the 11 kgs! I have heard a lot about Precious, looking forward to seeing it (sort of - I know parts are wrenching).

    You are looking so great!

    ReplyDelete