2 Month Bandiversary
Valentines Day was my 2 month Bandiversary and I forgot about it. I was at an all time low so that was great...having lost 11.6kg which averages to about 1.16kg (2.55 lbs) a week. So in all truthfulness I am happy with that. Like anyone I would love it to be more but life without 11.6kg (25.5 lbs) extra on my frame so I am thankful I am away from that scary highest ever weight. Also thanks to TJ for pointing out that I am nearly half way to my min Happy weight....I didn't even think of that. Of course I plan to go lower but was starting out realistically
Bashful Bowel
I have upped the Benefibre, eaten apples, had allbran for breakfast and when did I actually feel like I could go easily???? Yep...right in the middle of class at Tafe (college) today!!! Arghhhhhh....when I got to the loo I had a case of bashful bowel because all of the other toilets were full of people...so still no joy!!!! Argh. To Work in Progress....My daughter is wheat intolerant not me so I have not tried Metamucil Fibresure but it sounds just like Benefibre. Tonight I bring out the big guns...Liquid Laxative. Watch out!!!
Scales
The scales creeped up but I am not worried because I am backed up and have not over eaten at all this week ....if anything I have eaten less and I feel slimmer so once I explode I am sure all will be well
Tight Band
The last 2 days my band has been super tight. I noticed it on Tuesday when I had a protein shake for breaky, then at 12md I had some left over chicken casserole and only ate a tiny amount and for dinner at around 8pm because I thought I should. I forced down a tiny bit of pork stirfry. No fruit at all and I didn't even feel like dinner really. Then yesterday I had a protein shake for breaky ...I made up some fruit, yogurt and nuts but couldn't face it so had the shake. By 11.15am I was starving as I had been at work already for 4 hours and had about 3 tiny bites of my pumpkin and cannellini bean patty with homous and sort of got stuck in the tea room. I rode it out and then managed to finish the little patty. For dinner we had chicken rissoles with grated pumpkin and carrot and I could barely eat that either.....what the???? I am due for a fill next week and was wondering if I should bother. Then I got hungry at about 9.30pm so had a few little peices of strawberries and peach (from my breakfast) and done. This morning I had strawberries and more Allbran, and apple and skim cap at 10am and then a tiny 1/2 wrap shorter than the palm of my hand and full again but that was more than I have eaten in days. Two hours later I am nibbling on my cheesestick and nuts in class and at the break got a cup of tea. I have eaten more carbs today so that might scare the scales into moving but I am not sure what is going on at all...not time of the month or anything. Plus my restriction seems more in the evening than the morning. Weird!!!!
Yellow Wee
Has anyone noticed that their wee is heaps more yellow???? (Really letting it all hang out today!!!) I thought initally it may have been the vitamins but it was ages away from the vitamins today and still yellow wee.....I have always carried my water bottle everywhere even pre-band and my husband fondly says to me "Are we bringing Warragamba Dam with us today??" In reference to said bottle. So I used to always drink around 5 litres a day (169oz) and perhaps am down to 3lt (101 oz) post band and as I am not exercising hard core anymore...so why the yellow pee??? All comments welcome!!!
This is me at Tafe today stressing about picking up the kids when we were still doing assesments...and my sister who had the kids had to go to the airport and get my parents and my husband was on a plane from Melbourne...arghhh...oh and my work situation which I will discuss another day
Well I went back to Tafe today and we had to catch up on 2 weeks work because of the strike. This semester is going to be more heavy work wise. Longer hours and straight back into it today. On the shitty side...there are still many inconsiderate people who turn up late and keep taking up too much of the teacher's time re-covering assessments etc. This year they are going to be tougher on students who don't always turn up and expect their tests and assignments to be re-done or handed in late. I think this is great because at the end of the day why should they end up with the same qualifications if they are not doing the work or taking the course seriously. But anyway the nice thing was a couple of people noticed i had lost weight...yay
Catchup
Last night i found a whole heap of comments that I had missed from my blog. My new computer is super efficent and had filed most of them as spam. So thank you so much for leaving a comment...I love them. I can see my Followers have risen too....I am so grateful as I love the support of this bander community and sort of feel really part of it now. Thanks you thank you thank you
And finally...yes this post is going to end....Secret Diaries of....I try and try and try to get into your blog but it jams me or won't connect and I don't know why. One day I hope it works as I want to know where you are at.
Well that is it for now....if you are still here
Sally xxx



Yellow wee!! Yes indeedy. My pee is like radioactive while I'm taking my multivitamins. It dilutes depending on how much water I've drunk that day.
ReplyDeleteAhhh I got distracted and can't remember what else I was going to say!
Oh well, keep cracking, nice work on the 2 mth bandiversary :)
Em
Man, still no GO? That has got to be painful at this point! Hopefully the liquid laxative will work for you...and hopefully you will be near the loo!!
ReplyDeleteSally, you are hilarious with all the TMI details! Hmmm, yellow pee - I thought it was the vitamins too. And good luck with the liquid lax! I am taking stool softener right now to counteract the pain meds effect....has not done anything so far!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the 2 months, you have done fab so far!
I always thought it was the vitamins (C and B) but maybe the Benefibre. Just started taking it so will have to do a visual. lol.
ReplyDeleteWarning about the laxative. I was in the same predicament and thought taking two Dulcolax would be needed. I suffered all night. Oh how I suffered. I should know not to take more than it says. Good luck clearing the jam!
Girl, you are too funny. Bet you'll lose about four pounds once you're finally able to go.
ReplyDeleteWell hello-it has taken me a while go get over..so many new followers but I go see the ones who leave comments first..you did so here I am :)
ReplyDeleteanswers to the question you left on my blog and some for this one maybe :)
1. if you are losing more than 2 pounds a week you are in great shape!!! I would put off the fill until the weightloss stops and one of the other two are in place too-you are hungry or you feel like food is slipping through your band too fast. I always waited and I am still worried about running out of band space before i am done. The nurse said I am as full as she has ever seen (i will write about it on my blog later or tomorrow).
The poop thing-to mee this is a good sign. I always get constipated when i have great restriction. I started drinking a glass or orange juice every night just before dinner and it has helped a ton (I do put vodka in mine but I do not think that is the helpful part)..haha.
3. Pee-mine varies totally on whether i take my vitamins or not. your body flushes out the excess water soluble vitamins your body can't use. My guess is that is the reason for the technicolor pee :)
You are already ahead of where I was at 2 months i think :)
Hey Sal-- thanks for the support on my blog and you are doing so terrific!!! More laterm, gotta run to work.
ReplyDeleteHugs...
I appreciate your support on my blog. I love followers that comment! Congrats on your bandiversary!!
ReplyDeleteYou aren't very far behind me in the weight loss and it looks like you had waaaaaaaay fewer pounds to lose total (which is a really easy way to explain the difference). I'd bet if you compared your percentage of weight loss to mine (11.9%) you'd find that we're pretty close! Using your starting BMI and your current BMI from your ticker you are a little over 11% too!!
You're doing great so far and I wouldn't do anything I do - because I mess up and end up back in the doctor's office for an unfill! Although I am excited about my early-found restriction.