Yes you are the number 12...yes as in 12kg (26.4lb) lost!!!!
Whooooo Hooooooo........but I sort of don't get it either. After not being able to eat much at all this week you would have thought the scales would have moved but no they were going up and then down but on Thursday when I was able to eat more and had more carbs plus wine ...I wake up on Friday to have lost .2kg (.44lb) and then last night was our 16th year wedding anniversary and so I had champagne, about 4 crackers with cheese and a spring roll and about 1 spoonful of stirfry and yep this morning I have lost another .2kg making my total loss 12kg. Well I am not complaining......
I had the weirdest day yesterday...very very tired and so I went to Aqua but after that I flaked. I was even starting to fall asleep at the computer and so went and lay down and actually fell asleep. Luckily I set the alarm and got up in time to get the kids from school. They went to my parents last night so we could go out for our anniversary but DH has been travelling heaps and I was kinda out of it so we decided to stay in. DH bought home a gorgeous bunch of flowers, champagne and some cheese and nibbles and we sat in our front room and caught up on life. We then got some Thai takeaway. It was really a wonderful night.
So I have had some more thoughts on our bowel movements post band....and NO I am not obsessed. I was thinking about dogs and cats and how we are always told to feed them a premium brand of food and not the stuff found in the supermarket aisle which is filled with loads of filler etc. When you do feed an animal on a premium brand you will notice that their poo's are less and of a better or firmer quality. Less smelly too. The reason behind this is the premium brand basically has less fillers and what is in the product is used up more readily by the animal meaning less wastage.
In a way it is the same for us post band. Pre band we are eating way more than we should and not always of a great quality. Therefore our bodies are very efficent at expelling the excess waste via our bowels. Post band we eat less but hopefully of a much better quality and therefore our body is using up more of the food than pre band and has less to expel.
It was just a theory I have....what do you think???? And I am pleased to say that this girl has had some relief in that department without the laxative aid so whooooo bloody hooooo!!!!
I hope you all have a wonderul Saturday!!!
Sally xxx
Friday, February 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Your theory is right on the money. Makes perfect sense, that is the reason my dogs eat venison and potato food. Guess it makes sense it would work that way for us too! Great insight!
ReplyDeleteI spent years avoiding milk, cheese and eggs as I thought they were responsible for my IBS (that and having my gall bladder removed)
ReplyDeleteAfter being banded and giving up bread and almost all carbs I have found that they were my trigger foods!
I've been good....almost cured of IBS symptoms since being banded. Although, my problem was going too much with pain!!! Major pain. I am happy to say once I adjusted to the new routine of 3-4 times a week I am feeling better.
I think you are on to it...fuel that body with the best choices!!!!
Happy anniversary!
Yep, you are right! Junk in, junk out!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your 26+ pounds, that is soooooo cool! Don't try to figure it out, just go with it! Yay!
Happy Anniversary! Sounds right to me too! And such relief in the 'other department'...LOL...nothing like a little 'movement' after surgery. You're doing great!
ReplyDelete