Well yesterday I could barely eat but today is a different story!!! We went out for breakfast today and I was not super hungry but had 2 poached eggs and 1/2 an egg/roma tomato. But I was hungry about 2 hours later. I was out shopping so just had some water to tide me over until I got home. I must say that even though I get hungry with the band it is not the 'get out of my way I have to eat food or I will faint' type of hunger. My stomach growls but I can cope with not eating straight away.....I like that.Anyway I had a peach with yogurt when I got home but was hungry again in 2 1/2 hours but hung out for the nibblies as we had friends coming over for a BBQ. I managed to eat a fair few olives, cheese and crackers and homous and vegie sticks than I usually would be able too. We had dinner about 2 hours after that and I had one small lamb Kofta a few bites of lebanese bread, some homous and eggplant dip and a spoon of tabouli...not too much at all.
The thing is I feel like this is heaps compared to what I ate yesterday or some of the other days and can't figure out whether to get a fill or not. I suppose I will see how the scales go this week and I have until Thursday to decide. Perhaps I am eating too quick and not at my sweet spot but I really don't think or should I say obsess about food as much with the band other than from a nutritional stand point or what not to get stuck on when out.
I also did some clothes shopping at Sussan today as I had a $50 voucher to use up. I got myself a sleeveless vest type of jumper top. The large fit well but I chose the medium (yes medium) and it looked fine. I figure by the time the cooler weather comes it along the large will be too big. Now I am not saying I am a medium ...it was very forgiving fabric but it felt good to go in and get something or the fact that things fit at all. I love Sussan especially their sales as I usually pick up some great bargains and Jewellery.
Speaking of jewellery we were in Just Jeans returning a top from yesterday's shopping expedition and I found some great jewellery. So I figure I can just get some more necklaces etc to compliment my clothes now as I will be fitting into some of my clothes before too long. I have an obsession I think with costume jewellery even though I have some nice real stuff too. I got 2 silver necklaces and a gold and black bead one. It feels great to be out there shopping and taking care of my appearance especially after the way I felt a few months ago and last year was the pits.....
We also went to buy a new rug after breakfast but came away with some tab cutrains for the girls and a new lounge for our front room....no rug though. Our lounge in that room is only 3 years old but we both hate it.....it seems to stain so easily and we think since we got new carpet and the house painted last year that it brings the front room down....so we now have to sell the old one on eBay. Funny enough...the lounge we bought today was the one DH wanted 3 years ago...oooops.
I hope you all had a fabulous weekend
Sally xxx


I find it strange too with this band of ours.. some days we can barely eat and are not hungry anyway, the next we could eat for Australia. I was like that this weekend too.. not hungry yesterday... today.. holy cow.. I have picked ALL day.. and not good food either. Argh...
ReplyDeleteI love Sussans too.. and CONGRATS.. a medium (stretch fabric or not.. remember my XS.. same deal lol.. but its a great size regardless.) We are getting thinner girl.. and that's what its all about.
Cara x
Sorry to hear that your restriction is waxing and waning. I wanted to pass along the meat challenge that my surgeon's office gives to see if you are at restriction or need a fill. It was in this post... http://lifeasiknowitsc.blogspot.com/2010/01/3rd-fill-and-meat-test.html.. let me know what happens.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you found a lovely top in a smaller size. I used to love jewellery but stopped buying and wearing it when I lost interest in my appearance because of the weight gain. I think I will put that as a goal to start dressing smarter, wearing makeup more often and wearing accessories. I do remember it made me feel great. Good luck on finding your sweet spot.
ReplyDeleteThese bands are fickle! Oh, and I must say I love the word 'nibblies'...it's now on my 'favorite words I like to say list' ;-) Congrats on the medium too!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo strange how hunger waxes and wanes, isn't it? Congrats on all the great new things, the smaller sizes, the jewelry, the happiness of knowing all is going in the right direction!
ReplyDeleteMEDIUM! How awesome is that. YAY!
ReplyDeleteI have not attempted an M yet, but I think I am close!
I think sometimes our bodies balance out hungry/not hungry days, and if we listen to our bodies we can just eat when we are hungry and not eat when we're not, and hopefully it will balance out! I have a feeling this is how "normal" people are....
Love that you love jewelry. Here's that link you asked for - it's in my post now too. Thanks for following me!
ReplyDeletehttp://2010snewlife4me.blogspot.com/
The lapband can be very finicky and some days it's a bitch and other days it's like you have nothing! Can't explain it even after being banded for over 2 years myself. A medium!!! You go girl! :)
ReplyDelete