Ten, ten, ten, ten, yay 10!!!!!
I am so excited...I have had the best week...it seems to happen when you are losing....doesn't it???
I have lost 10.4 kg (22.88lbs) since my journey began and 2.4 kg (5.28lb) since last Thursday (fill day!!!) I love the band.
In reflection it has not been too hard at all..(except the pre-op) I have enjoyed some wine and chocolate over the holidays and am for the most part enjoying my food except when it doesn't go down to easy. I have really enjoyed cooking what I feel like and I certainly do not feel like I am on a diet...because I am not!!!
It is amazing how much just 10kg has made to my life....I am less breathless, I can bend over easier, my bras fit better (although they are grogy bogey...can't wait to ditch them), work is easier, my clothes are fitting so much better and I have more energy. But the biggest change is too my outlook on life....just last June I was lying in bed thinking of how I could I end my life....the thought of my kids being without me and DH's support kept me here....thank god. I was trying to get out of going to Fiji because I just couldn't bear having to buy larger clothes and facing how much weight I had put on...and travelling with a size 8 skinny mini. My foot was in a bad way and I couldn't exercise. I would sometimes not get out of bed....it was very very dark days.
Now I am loving life....and the weight loss is a part of that. I just feel comfortable again....I can do everything easier and it is just 10kg!!! My life is also greatly improved because I am off the crutches too and exercising again but I am sure 10kg of extra weight off my foot is making a huge difference too.
And I have had some NSV's too....a top I bought last September (size 16) and never wore because it was too tight...(you know how you buy them and say I will loose the weight???) well on hols it was still too tight but now it fits great. And yesterday I got 2 pairs of denim 3/4 pants size 16 and a bargain at $10 each (Suzanne Grae) They will tie me over until some of my nicer clothes fit.
On the exercise front I have done 3 deep aqua classes this week and also stayed off the wine (Major NSV!!!) The exercise just makes me feel alive and I even went to aqua in the rain today (it is outside). I also picked up my new car yesterday so I am feeling very spoilt.
Did anyone watch Biggest Loser's Master Class last night??? Finally some info on nutrition. I loved the Dr who told them (and us) not to diet anymore and to just watch our portion sizes and what we eat. Everything in moderation. Following a mediterranean diet too seems to be the go. Lots of fish, legumes, vegies and some olive oil....sounds just like healthy eating right? He also said that we can exercise all day and it won't help us lose weight if we are not watching our nutrition which echoes the article that Yana posted on her blog. Interesting!
I will post some pics soon. Thanks for all you have supported me to this stage. Next goal 15kg (33lbs)
Enjoy your weekend...I will!!!
GB xxx
Friday, February 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



WOW! 10!!! Congrats on a job well done!
ReplyDeleteAhhh, what a fantastic post!! 10 kilos down and still head south AND all with enjoying a few of lifes treats. I'm stoked for you. You're going to have SO much fun in Fiji - get yourself a sexy new pair of bathers (or bikini???)and show off that new bod! Exciting too that you are in 16's!! Really wonderful.
ReplyDeleteOooh my validation was binisti (sounds like bikini.. apt.)
I felt those dark days too and know exactly how you feel. When the cloud lifts it is exhilarating so if they hit again always know it gets better. 10kg is great and you sound like a new person stripping off those old layers to reveal the real person underneath. Have a great time in Fiji. Wish I was there.
ReplyDeleteYou sound SO amazing! I am so happy for you! And 23 pounds is awesome!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for your comments about my doctor issue. I don't really know what to do...It would not be the end of the world to tell them, but I just didn't want to do it that way....We'll see....
Okay, isn't a 16 like a 12 U.S.? You must be tiny!