We are off tomorrow for Christmas with the in-laws but as I am feeling so lethargic and unable to eat anything DH and I think it might be better for me to stay home than to answer 20 odd questions about why I am not eating. (Remember that only he and my BFF know about LB). During the course of that day I was wondering what people will actually think when I will eat less or am on fluids and I emailed my BFF about it. She wrote back that of course they won't guess....who would have ever thought that I would get this done??? Not her....no way....she thinks I should just claim giardia or food poisoning.
Now for all the American/ Candian readers I have some questions...if you don't mind????
- What is Funnel cake?
- What is a gram or graham?? cracker???
- What is Evoo??? (A spray oil???)
- And what is cilantro???
Till next time...


Funnel cake - fried dough, deep fried and covered in powdered sugar. Usually at a carnival or fair.
ReplyDeleteEVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Rachel Ray, a cooking personality, started using this phrase a lot.
graham cracker was originally designed to be a nutritious cooky. It is best dipped in chocolate, used to make smores on camping trips with pieces of chocolate and toasted marshmallows, or crumbles and mixed with butter to form a crust for cheesecake or key lime pie. often give as snack to very young children. I believe they are also called digestive biscuits.
Cilantro is coriander leaves. often used in mexican cooking. some people hate them and think they taste like soap - some weird biological quirk!
Yep, Yana covered it....I didn't realize those were items were unique to uSA/Can...
ReplyDeleteI agree with Yana, she pretty much covered it. Glad to know you are doing well after Surgery!! Looking forward to your weight loss notes.
ReplyDeleteHappy Holidays :)
Thanks Yana and ladies. We have similar things but we never call Extra Virgin Olive Oil EVOO but hey that is way easier to type :)
ReplyDelete