Weight Loss Ticker

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day 3 Post Op...

Well I think I overdid it yesterday!!!  I went to my childrens School Liturgy and last day and by the end of that (about 2 hours) my shoulder was really hurting.  I popped 2 more panadol and then ventured up to the classrooms to collect the girls after which we went for lunch at the local club. 

I ordered the pumpkin and vegie soup and had a few mouthfuls but in all honesty really struggled.  I was full and sore.  I was ready to go home.  Funny no-one noticed how little I ate or how out of it I was...so all good there.  I then came home and fell asleep from about 3pm to 7.30pm.  DH brought me up some juice which was heaven as I have a bit of a yucky taste in my mouth and then around 10.30pm I was out till 8.30 am this morning, although I did wake up for a loo break and weighed myself on the scales.  By morning I was up by 400gms (.88lb).


This is our new Blender which is very similiar to the Magic Bullet and my hair vitamins as reccommended by Dash

So this morning I whipped up a vanilla Optifast with a teaspoon of coffee in it, in our new Wizard Blender (which we all just love).  I bought it on the way to the hospital for all my liquids and purees.  I then dropped the kids off to a friend's while I went to the Sports Dr for my foot.  I have been in a boot for around 14weeks and on crutches for 12 weeks and today I went back for another check up and blood injection.

The Dr takes blood from my arm and re-injects it into my heel to speed up healing.  I have to lie on my tummy for this (which I was worried about!!!) but it all went ok.  I have to stay off my foot for the next 2 weeks and hopefully in the next 5 weeks will be out of the boot.  FINGERS CROSSED



These are the 2 books I have read and found to be very helpful.  The link to the Helen Bauzon Book 'The Gastric Band Nutrition Essential' is at theside bar on my blog and 'The Lap Band Solution' I borrowed from the library on the morning of my surgery.

The rest of today I have been resting.  I must say I am struggling to get in all the reccommended fluids and find the milk drinks a little slimy.  That said I am doing the best I can and it is earlier days after all.

Thanks to Debi who said she thought I looked a good weight...I can assure you that my very minimum to lose is  25 kg (55lbs) with my min ideal around 35 kg (77lbs) down and if I get there I will re-evaluate. ( I am trying to be very realistic)  I posted a head shot of me at 78 kg (172 lbs) but I was doing loads of exercise there but it will give me something to aim to.  I am not ready to post my before photos although I have taken some.

Lastly, Dash's hair loss post scared me.  I am not sure why some of you are losing your hair???  I would really hate that but hey then I hate most things about myself so jusy another thing to work on!!!  However, as tired as I am it did scare me enough to go and buy those vitamins today and take my first one too.....LOL

Well that's it for now....going to work on jazzing my blog up a bit!!!

2 comments:

  1. You do look great!! As for the vitamins, I will have to check our local pharmacy to see if we carry that brand here in the States. If not, I will have to try to find something comparable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog through Cara's. Congrats on getting the band!

    ReplyDelete