I made some chicken and vegie soup yesterday and am really enjoying that...I am a little sick of sweet shakes. Having said that, not heaps is going down but I have given up my cup of tea (or should I say teas!!!) so that I can at least try and get some more nourishing drinks down.
This is a picture of my band being placed around my actual stomach during surgery...how cool!!!
The only thing I am finding hard is being so tired. I was asleep again early last night and my actual tummy muscles feel like I have done a few rounds with Mike Tyson. My foot is super tender too...at least I am dounle re-couperating!!!! Other wise I am going along great guns.
I am loving reading lots of blogs from begining to end and wondering how my story will turn out....thanks for sharing your stories with us all ladies.
GB



Wow, I can't believe your Surgeon gave you these pictures. They are too cool.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the weight loss so far! You are doing excellent.
Don't worry about being tired all the time. I normally don't go to bed until at least 1 am but usually closer to 2-3 am. The first week after Surgery, I was in bed asleep between 8-10 pm!!! My DH loved it as I was actually going to bed with him.
Unfortunately, it didn't last too long. After the first week, I was back to my old sleep habits.
Thank god you have plenty of time off due to your foot recovery as well. This means that you will have plenty of time to recover.
Happy Holidays :)
I forgot! I too like to read the blogs from start to finish. I feel that is the only way to really get their whole picture & understand what they are going through.
ReplyDeleteSo every time I begin following a new blog, I always read it through. And if you checked out the blogs I am following, you would see that that has taken me some time as I am following almost 100 now!! But like you said, everyone's story is different.
As for the Doctor letting me eat so soon, he didn't.
ReplyDeleteWell.....I was supposed to follow a much more restrictive diet. Like Clear Liquids the first day, then Full Liquids the balance of the 1st week, the second week was supposed to be Smooth Foods, then the 3rd & 4th weeks, Soft Foods.
However, I couldn't resist eating, so I chose things that I felt were easy to eat & chew up easily. I ate very small portions & ate slowly.
The Doctor wasn't too thrilled when he found out that I had essentially had been eating from day 2 on!! But since I didn't have any problems eating & had no problems PB'g or getting stuck, etc, & that I had been losing weight.
He said that basically the rules were made because most people don't choose the right foods to eat & can get themselves into trouble, like slipping the band, etc. So, I guess I was lucky! My biggest fear at that time would have possibly be that I could have stretched the pouch.
Hi, thanks for your comment over on my blog...and of course you can add me on your sidebar....I can't believe they took photos of your surgery...how cool...
ReplyDeletethat's amazingly cool!
ReplyDeleteAwesome pics! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteYou've had a fantastic start, many congratulations, I really like your positive attitude. The 'group therapy' these bandit blogs provide has been absolutely essential to me, I hope it works for you too.
ReplyDeleteCaroline