Weight Loss Ticker

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thank You


A sincere thanks to all of you who responded to my last post.  I am very hungry today but got stuck on a pancake this morning (a rare breaky treat) so then I was starving by 11.30 and had a chicken wrap from Subway which I could eat all of.  I have also had some strawberries and yogurt later in the afternoon and later again10 rice crackers with eggplant dip.  So that is more than I usually need...maybe I am in Hell.  The great thing is the hunger is not as intense.  Before the band I would get moody and irritable when I was hungry...now my stomach just gurgles and grumbles.  It also makes funny sounds after I eat or drink.   Is this usual???

I also can't believe that 21 of you are interested in my little journey but i so appreciate your support.  I have managed to get around a few blogs now so I am starting to feel in the loop again and can see that many of you are stuck on the scales like me.  At least we have each other.

I think I will get the fill next week...so that will be a new experience for me too.

Finally, I went to the Dr today and he said I can toss the crutches now.....yippee.  In 3 weeks I can start trying to wear normal shoes again with my orthotics on and off with the boot and in about 2 months I MAY be able to start a walking program.  It will be a full year though until I am back to my regular activites though.  But no crutches is fantastic and I feel like just prehaps my life is coming back to me.....8kg down and no crutches.  I still have the boot but hey....did you hear me......NO CRUTCHES!!!! 4 1/2 months was a long time to be a cripple and so now I am only a half cripple.  Yay

Oh and a quick "where are you?" to Emma.  I want to hear about your night out with Cara and to tell you that we had a West Highland Terrier in at work and I kept calling him Westie!!!  He was so stubborn and wouldn't come back in after his wee walk so he just rolled on his back and wouldn't walk.  It was hilarious.  Is Westie stubborn?

Till next time GBxxx

3 comments:

  1. So glad you're off your crutches... that must be the best feeling.

    The sounds you hear are VERY normal. Sometimes my stomach gurgles and rumbles and plays it's own music. You will hear a lot of strange noises now you never did before. All par for the course.

    Good luck with your first fill too. Will watch out for your report on how it went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I am so sorry you have had to endure these crutches and the boot! I had the boot for a while after a car accident and it sucked! You don't really miss exercise until you can't do it at all!

    So congrats on healing...and your fill will help a bunch, hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I've been a slack bum in the post reading area! (or I've actually had to work at work!). Had a great catch up with Cara. And is Westie stubborn? Is the pope a catholic? She can be a right little pain in the arse! I often say that the only reason she sits or comes back is because she wants to. She often has a look on her face of "Oh I guess so, I was going to do that anyway". And when she gets the shits on you certainly know about it!

    ReplyDelete