I am sick of eating....yes you heard it here. Am I sick???...in the head maybe. But the things I want to eat are not going down well and it is HARD trying to think of nutritious foods that cover all the criteria. This may explain why I didn't eat the best on the weekend. I wasn't awful but I had a few things I shouldn't have....like a bowl of nuts for dinner on Sat night. I wanted the chicken kebabs but they stick weirdly in my chest. I also had ice cream after dinner last night.
The girls made dinner last night....we had nachos with beans and for dessert there was ice cream cookie sandwiches. We had a lovely weekend...productive and relaxing. We spent Saturday by the pool and a girlfriend came over with her daughter. I had a chicken and avacado wrap for lunch...chew chew chew...and no fill yet either. Then we mucked around with the kids in the pool and on the Wii.
Yesterday we were at home again. Although DH took the girls up the shops to get their school shoes and I stayed at home to get off my foot. I then did some ironing and sorted out my recipes into a new Recipe Folder I got from Kikki K. I love that store. It looks like this and has all different sections. I have just started by going through all my recipe mags and just pulling out the ones I think I will make or have made and put them in. I also cut up some old WW recipe books (have I told you all I used to be a Leader??? So I have heaps of them. ) I think they are great recipes and ok on the waist line too. I won't cut them all up just the books that were not that good.
I seem to love buying recipe mags....but sometimes I don't even cook anything out of them. I like to get ideas or sometimes I wouldn't make the recipe because I felt it was too high in fat or carbs or something but I want to now eat a little of everything and get out of that diet mentality. (when I am back into food again....lol).
Today the girls and I are off to my girlfriends place for a Mothers Group lunch and swim. We have been friends for around 8-10 yrs and although the kids all go to different schools now we still try and catch up. Every year we have a Santa Photo too with all the kids and the mums too.....it always gets a crowd around us as people stop to watch. It is amazing how the kids have grown and changed. We will take Oscar (our dog) and he can play with Roxy - my friends dog. They are so funny chasing their balls all day and Oscar actually gets in the pool after a while for a rest and so Roxy won't take his ball....hilarious.
Finally I am going to do a shameless call out for Followers....just like Gen did in her early days. So if you are out there reading my Blog please pop in and say Hi. I love comments and also let me know if you have a blog too and what stage of the band you are at.
Later....GB xxx
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Sounds like you had a lovely weekend! I too get sick of food - having to worry about what to eat and when.. well, actually that has lessened a whole lot now with the band - but I do get exactly where you're coming from.
ReplyDeleteGood luck gathering the followers!
Got a tip for ya.. If you dont eat enough, you wont lose weight either.. Another tip.. Try to stock some easy to chow down foods of the healthy snack variety to get you out of a pickle. You are only at the very beginning of this, so you will have your ups and downs.. Just think positive, and notice that even though you may have something a bit on the naughty side, you wouldnt be eating anywhere near as much as you would have been able to before..
ReplyDeletexx Nene
I am a cookbook/recipe mag whore! hahaha...I can't get enough of them, even though I may not cook everything or anything from them. I particularly love superfoods mag...and miss buying them (don't get them over here in Dubai). I am also addicted to AWW's cookbooks and went through a stage or weight watchers ones too. I have the Singles cookbook and love it!
ReplyDeleteLOL I love that you are doing the shameless plea for followers! Put it in your blog title next time you post, even more effective!
ReplyDeleteI know the feeling of being tired of food. Its easier if you just find a few things that work and stick to those things for a while.
I made a pledge to start cooking more (see I didn't say resolve) and eat out less. I love to cook and I too have a binder with all my own recipes and also keep them on my computer. I try to make some of the favourite ones healthier. I think Nene is right, if you can't eat enough you won't lose. I worry about that too.
ReplyDelete