Weight Loss Ticker

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Happy Australia Day

Well yesterday was Australia Day and I thought I would stop being so shy about who I am and start posting some pics of my beautiful family.


This is my gorgeous 10 year old.  We had to buy the cosies especially for the day.  My sister and her family came over and my dad too.  My mum was in Melbourne watching the tennis.  We spent the day by our pool and having the good old Aussie BBQ.

I took a photo of myself the day before and have decided that I look no different and I am stuck at the moment.  Some days I have great hunger and otherdays like today it is a struggle to eat at all.  I started a salad with Tuna today and it just felt like it wasn't going down right so I just ate the tuna and then a small pkt of nuts I had.  Luckily I had the nuts because I was at work and starving...even though the salad wasn't quite right...weird

Tonight I could only get down the pork strips and a few tiny bits of salad.  I feel super frustrated and just want to get this weight loss moving.  Is this normal??  I have my Dr's appointment so I suppose it couldn't have come at a better time.  Restricted and not....blah

The kids are back at school tomorrow and I am back at Tafe (college).  I have loved the time with the kids and will miss them.   I sort of dread all the sports starting up again but then I love the routine for the kids. 


It will  be full on again so soon with dancing and swimming starting next week and then the soccer and netball registrations and then of course the training and grading etc.

This is my other gorgeous girl who is seven.  Look at all that zinc ....so Australian...and a bugger to get off....anything!!!



This is DH....I made sure it was a shot with his clothes on so you wouldn't all be super jealous!!!! 


These little blondies are my sisters kids.  The girls all had a ball using the surfboard all day!!



Here is our dog Oscar who we rescued last April.  He just loves his ball and will bring it to us while we are in the pool so we throw it to him.  He is such a good boy and has been so great to me while I have been injured.  He has changed my life in so many ways and we all adore him.



Finally...look at these beef patties (burgers) that we cooked for  the kids...in the shape of Australia...how cool

Food wise I was quite food until the homemade ice cream came out....and I drank too much.  It was such a lovely day....just casual and a perfect end to the holidays. 

Well that's it from me.....GB xxx

6 comments:

  1. Awww looks like a fabulous summer day, just what I needed here, we're in full on winter.

    Can I say that your girls are just adorable! They look like they had a great time. And Oscar! So cute. He would make a good boyfriend for Skittles....

    I hear you about restriction. It's there. It's not. It's tight, it's not. It's like trying to read hieroglyphics some days.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful family! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Australia Day went off with a bang...er ..um.. or two! What a beautiful family you have - lovely husband and the girls are gorgeous!! Love the beef patties lol. Funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, meant to tell you too: yes its normal that the weight is coming off slooooowly.. you're really in the healing stage of things and once you get that restriction up and running, then you will notice a difference. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking family there! Loved the australia shaped burgers too - that's impressive!

    Tummy gurgling is completely normal - sometimes mine is like a symphony! And don't worry about the slow weightloss - you'll see I put on weight when I moved to mushies and full foods. Keep on trucking and it will start coming off!

    Em :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see that your younger daughter has your pretty eyes.. Both girls are beautiful.. Great to see you all had a good Aussie Day.. Those burgers look delicious. Oh how I long for a burger, bun and all. But then, there is so many other foods to have in lieu.
    I have that tummy gurgling EVERY morning.. I literally walk to the kitchen with my eyes half shut, and switch on the jug to make a tea, ASAP.. that tides me over untill my band is feeling a little more co-operative enough to let me have some kind of food. I had never known such hunger, I guess before it was just head hunger.
    Thanks for sharing..
    xx Nene

    ReplyDelete