but I have to admit that I am too scared to weigh myself. I thought I felt alot thinner but no one has noticed and DH says he hasn't noticed except for my face. Then when we were away I caught sight of myself in a window and thought I couldn't really see any difference...so that is why I am scared to weight myself because I don't think I could stand the dissappointment if the scales had not moved.
I have been hungrier too....I am at nearly 4 weeks post op and sometimes I can surprise myself at how hungry I feel. But I seem to be getting stuck all the time as I venture closer to eating real foods again. It was difficult whilst we were away to always have pureed food and sometimes I had a little chicken peice or a prawn and it got stuck...ouch. The burning pain and the feeling of wanting to vomit.....I could not stay at the table and just sit there so off I would go to the toilet and stay there until something changed.
As I am supposed to go onto normal food I am really worried about being stuck all the time.....ANY ADVICE PLEASE???? But if I get stuck...why am I HUNGRY??? I do stay full though for 2-3 hours after eating though.
These are the types of things I have been eating....
Breakfast: Baked beans, porridge or egg (egg felt stuck once)
Lunch: Mashed vegies and tuna or salmon, soup
Snack: Yogurt or pureed fruit (not a fan of pureed fruit)
Dinner: Rissotto, soft pasta, soup, kidney beans and veg, fried soft rice, etc
Most times on holidays I had some wine and one night I had a bit (ok 2-3 lines) of chocolate because i was starving after getting stuck all day. What I don't understand is that I am eating heaps less so why wouldn't I be losing heaps of weight???? I also drink heaps of water.
I suppose I should get brave and just weigh myself......I will take some pictures of myself tomorrow as it is my one month Bandaversary......
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog. It is a learning process and you will get there. I am just starting out myself.
ReplyDeleteIt is easy to say but hard to do: but don't obsess about the scale, this is a long term process and the weight will come off.
How are your clothes fitting? Any looser? That is a good gauge that isn't quite as potentially punishing as the scales... just a thought.
Good luck and hang in there-- sounds like you could still be swollen from surgery and that may be what all the sticking is about!