Weight Loss Ticker

Sunday, January 10, 2010

One Month Banded...

Well today is my one month Bandversary and my total weight loss to date is 7.2kg (15.84 lbs) and yes I am a little disappointed with this as I don't really seem to have moved much in the last few weeks....but at least I weighed myself!!!

So I thought I would list the changes I have experienced in this last month to remind myself how far I have come...

  • I have lost 7.2kg very easily and with no exercise since I am still on crutches. 
  • I look less bloated and feel tons better
  • I am not so obsessed with food
  • I lost 1 kg (2.2lbs) on holidays whilst still enjoying wine almost every night, some chocolate and a few other treats
  • I fill up very easily now
  • My size 18 shorts are very loose and I have gone in 2 notches on my bra
  • I have lost 23 cms
So I guess I am on my way...



These are my photos - left is the day of surgery and right is this morning....I can see a little bit of difference



Sorry about the gross undie shots but I figure I won't look like that again....still can't believe that I have posted these for you all to see!!

Well I must admit that these shots make me feel quite down about how I actually look and how far I have let myself go but I am really focusing on the positives.....well who am I kidding???...I AM TRYING THOUGH!!!

I think I am a little down after coming back from our holidays and being back in the same old groove.  I have had my foot problem for a year now first it started as Plantar Fascitis but then my Faschia got torn and I have been on crutches and in a boot for over 4 months now.  Before this I was an exercise junky and I soooooo miss those endorphins.  I have been a bit depressed (Ok a lot) too.

On the food side I am going well today.  Have only had my vegies and tuna and that lasted for about 3.5 hours and I just had 4 strawberries and some yogurt....absolute heaven as I have missed my fruit (don't love it pureed).  Tonight I am going to make a Chicken and vegie casserole...yum

Here is a shot of the view from our holiday house....to make all of you currently having Winter and Snow jealous....LOL



Take care GBxxx

8 comments:

  1. Hi there, I have just landed on your blog by following your comment from my own.. I look forward to reading through yours and catching up, and following whilst you let us know how you are going on your weightloss jouney..I wish you the best of luck. And will be sure to comment as you post..
    xx Nene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally!!!!

    Well, I am puzzled - very very puzzled. I thought I had you on my follow list (but where was my picture on your blog to say I am...) I have NO IDEA what I did wrong (maybe it was the name change of the blog?? I don't know........ )

    Anyway, I have been thinking about you... wondering where you were, what you were up to (and you must have thought - where on earth is Cara.. we email etc and then she disappears!!) I am so sorry!! Something has messed up and your posts where here all the time.. sigh.. I'm such a blond.

    I have been back and read everything up to date. You are doing SO WELL (and that's what you look like!!! lol) I am so happy for you. You've lost over 7 kgs and that's amazing!! I am on the ball now and won't miss any more posts. So sorry for the stuff up (still trying to work out how it happened.) Looking forward to the next installment!!

    Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so now I have read it all.. You are doing so well, so please dont beat yourself up.. I used to hide and have my little peanut butter pigouts.. it was the only thing to keep me from going insane in the beginning.. i just needed flavour.. And something with a different consistancy.. I also used to chew food and spit it out, just so it felt like I had eaten it.. once again, it was all about flavour. Take it easy, and remember to chew for long, and slowly.. that could be why you are getting stuck a bit.. just think, you have had a lifetime of mindlessly chewing your food, till it is just chewed enough to get down, but now you must really concentrate on it. I have been banded 11 months, and still make that mistake.. Old habits are soo hard to break.
    Keep bloggin, I enjoy reading
    xx Nene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jealous! Jealous! How can you be depressed with that amazing view (just kidding).

    You are doing GREAT! And good for you putting up the pics - soon you will have an amazing "after" to put next to your befores. Meanwhile, I do see a difference! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny how we don't see our real selves. I see a big change in your before and after pictures even if you don't. I feel the same way when I look at pictures of me. I have deleted tons and kept only the ones where I think I look thin. That old mind games again. I just hope I can lose 7 kgs my first month with the band. I'd be dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely see a difference!! SO JEALOUS OF THAT VIEW! It's freezing here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much everyone....I woke up this morning and have gone down on the scales again and you are all correct in that 7kg in a month is AWESOME...he he he

    Now I am not seeing that view anymore...maybe that is why I am down....

    Thanks Cara for your message. I always knew you were around and that I could email you anyway!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with the others, you look great! I can see the difference too! And the view is to die for!

    ReplyDelete