My aunt and her best friend were up for the weekend to mind my sister's kids while her husband and her had a nice weekend away. He is in the Special Forces with the army and has just recently returned from overseas. I love my aunt and she is only 11 years older than me and lives in Melbourne. So we had a social weekend where I drank way too much but other that that coped very well food wise.
I am waking up hungrier in the morning but can still get stuck easily so I am not sure what Dr Taylor will say next Thursday when I meet with him for a visit and maybe a fill?? I can drink quite alot again and have heaps of cuppa teas today so maybe I do need a fill...who knows. I am certainly not in Bandster Hell but who knows??? Maybe I am getting there????
My aunty made a really great suggestion for Christmas next year that we do a family holiday together. There is a long story behind this but I will give the abridged version. My mother had breast cancer 20 years ago and was cancer free for 17 years when it came back in the bones and lungs 3 years ago. Well after chemo for about a year she is stable again now but we do really value all the time we can get together when we can as it won't be going away. So my aunty read this great article about a family of 16 who went on a cruise together to celebrate a family member's birthday. They could do whatever they liked in the day but always met up at dinner.
So we thought this would be a great idea to do and after lots of talking we may be going on a cruise the week before Christmas this year. All the family is talking about it and we will decide next week and possibly book it then. This would be great as the kids have always wanted to do a cruise and I have heard that the more who go the merrier but we would still be able to have our space if needed. And guess what????? I will be thinner than I am now...well well well on my way to goal!!! How exciting to be planning a holiday where I can where the clothes I want and not be hassled about it before hand.
I am loving the band. I don't think about food that much anymore except to plan on what I can eat to get the best lot of nutrients in for the day....protein, vegies etc.... I am not feeling that much lighter this week but have been social with the drinking so will stop that now. On another point about the band I am not dieting anymore. I am letting myself choose healthy options and if I feel like something then I can have just a little (shame I never stop at one wine...need to work on that!!!) So all is great.
Back at work tomorrow so this will be crunch time with my foot. I have a follow up Dr's appointment this Friday after 3 days on my feet ....I am hoping that my foot is ok after those 3 days and I may get out of this damn boot and off crutches and that will mean I am closer to getting back to exercise again. Send good thoughts out to the universe for me please. If I don't I will seriously look at swimming (not my favourite exercise ) or getting a PT to work with me on weights or something....anything will be better than nothing I suppose.
Have made a very yummy looking vegie quiches thing with vermicelli noodles in it and loads of different vegies. So I will let you know how it goes. Foodwise today I had a small bowl of meusli for breakfast, a tuna mix with celery and mayonaise in a mountain bread for lunch and for afternoon teas I had some strawberries and yogurt. Tea will be this slice thingy which has the egg and cheese for protein. So seems I am still just having the 4 small meals a day.
Well I hope everyone is going well with their own journeys....
Till next time...GB xxx
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


A Cruise with your family sounds fantastic & getting together for Dinner every night is perfect! Our family always loved having Dinner together on the Cruise as well!
ReplyDeleteGood luck on getting your boot off & an end to the crutches!!
The cruise idea is so brilliant! Just think what you will look like then too, a whole different girl!! And it gives you something to work towards. It sounds like such fun too, everyone together! Love it!!
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure where you are either re: the fill or not. Maybe a call to your doc would help :)