Weight Loss Ticker

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

8 Kilos Down...

Yes...I did it again.....but I had a good reason.  Back to that in a sec.  Today I am officially 8 kg down (17.6 lbs) so yippee for me!!!!  I weighed myself today only because Wednesday is to be my official weigh in day.  I told you it was a good reason....
I had a really lovely day with my BF yesterday...just relaxing with the kids by the pool.  We had a nice lunch of lentil slad, cold meats and rolls but I was too nervous to try the roll so skipped it. We also enjoyed some champagne over the afternoon...yummo!!!  We took our dog Oscar over for a play with their dog  Roxy and let me tell you he was exhausted when we got home.  Isn't it great to have a friend or friends that you are just totally yourself with????  So easy and relaxing.  I filled her in on the band and she thought I was eating a lot slower and a lot less.  Later on in the afternoon (we were there for 6.5 hrs!!!) we had a snack of watermelon, crackers, homous, sundried tomatoes and carrot.  I didn't have the melon as I wanted to get in some more vegies and protein.

For dinner last night I just had the left overs of the creamy chicken casserole.  So again just the 4 small meals.  I don't think I am in bandster hell yet as I am eating less that before and staying full for a few hours.  Today I had a piece of well cooked toast with a scraping of peanut butter (love love love this and can eat it from the jar!!!) and some pureed vegies.  Lunch was some more vegies and tuna and tonight I have cooked chicken with a creamy tomato sauce which has heaps of mushrooms in it.  I got that from a cook book recommended on Roo's blog.  I will have to post a picture later as it looks great....thanks Roo.  Oh and speaking of Roo it appears that when she actually lives in Sydney we are not very far from eachother!!!  Small small world.


Now I have noticed on many of your blogs that you are choosing a word that represents your weight loss journey and for me it was so easy and the word BALANCE  won hands down.  I am a very all or nothing person in my life...I am exercising all the time or dieting really strictly and then when I blow it, I go so far the other way and am soooooo bad that you would not believe it.  Same with a glass of wine or reading a book....can't seem to have just one wine or read a few pages...I go all out.  So for me this journey is about balance.  Having just one treat or one glass of wine.  Enjoying all foods including carbs, exercising (when I am off these crutches) and if I miss a day that is ok too.  So last night in the spirit of the new year I enjoyed one glas of wine and you know what...it was ok!!  One for me...high five.(Except on readin this post back I forgot that I had champagne in the arvo!!!!  Hey still balanced....a variety of wines.....he he he)

Well that's about it for today except to say...Where do you all get your grovvy pictures from????  And Dinnerland....your blog won't let me come and play....it says I am not your friend???  Boo Hoo...LOL

I am off to another friends to catch up now....and go for a swim...still very hot here.  We do have a pool but it is still a little green after our holidays.  I am also trying to be more social again this year as I really locked myself away last year due to my weight, injuries and depression.....

Hope you are all well

GBxxx

7 comments:

  1. Excellent word choice!! Balance just about says it all.

    So glad you had a nice day yesterday - BF's are great to lean on. Nice win on the scales too - 8 kilos down is no mean feat!!
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Cara! You are doing great & it doesn't sound like you are in Bandster Hell yet (lucky you!). I am in it to my neck! LOL

    I am not able to get into Vanessa's blog, "Dinnerland" either. Something seems to have happened & she has closed off her blog to most if not all of us. Hopefully, all is well with her though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to go hunt for that recipe, as it sounds good.

    I have been "diagnosed" as an all or nothing dieter (by the dr's at RPA)... in the past and I believe it is all about Balance... otherwise we would go crazy! it took me a long time to deal with that and the band is helping it along....
    Congrats on the weight loss. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Balance is the perfect word! Great choice!

    Congrats on the losses so far! You are doing so well.

    As for the bread you skipped - I have found I pass on the bread almost all the time now after a few bad incidents. Even if it does not get stuck, it just does not feel good, and I can live without it (unless its the crispy or toasted kind!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey we have something in common.. I too LOVE LOVE LOVE peanut butter.. I will eat it with anything, and without anything.. And bonus, it's a source of protein..
    You are going fantastically.
    If and when you are going to try bread, opt for as grainy as you can.. it will cause less problems.. But then, some days you may find that you can have something, then the following day you can't.. Before long you'll get to know your band and limitations on a day to day basis..
    Am enjoying getting to know you though your blog..
    xx Nene

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Dashy, excellent choice of word- you Oz'ies are smart.
    Wow with the weight loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the weightloss that's fantastic. And don't be too hard on yourself if it's slower than expected. I've heard that when you first start eating less your body goes into starvation mode and starts hording fat (selfish body!). When it finally understands that you have enough food to keep your body moving, it will let the fat go again and your weight loss will increase. That's what I've heard anyway... sounds good to me!

    Em :)

    ReplyDelete