Weight Loss Ticker

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Three Month Bandiversary

Three days late but never the less I have just passed my 3 month Bandiversary...Happy Band Day to me.  I am down 15.6kg (34.32 lbs) and in control of my life or so far so good.
So I suppose it is a good time to reflect on what I am doing well and what I am not....

Bandster Rules I live by:

Eat only when hungry:  I manage to do this most of the time and truly can't really get much down when I am not hungry...except wine!!!  I also try to choose something nutritious and good for me like fruit, protein and vegies.  Make those meals count!!!  There are not many!!!

Drink 30 minutes after meals:  I am really good at this except when out to dinner and I enjoy a glass of wine.  I just sip it whenever I like.

Take a multi vitamin every day:  No problem here either.  Each day I take my biotin vitamin for my hair and a multi as a minimum.  Most days I try fro 2 of each.

Exercise:  I have been averaging deep water aerobics about 3 times a week until my daughter got sick.  I love exercise so I am not worried about this one as when my foot allows me to do better i will be able to do more.

Eat Slowly & Stop when you are full:  I do this most of the time and if I forget or rush then I soon know about it!!!  Pb.....or stuck...no need to elaborate.

Staying in conact with my Dr/Clinic: To me this is a no brainer!!!

Avoiding slider foods:  I do this well.  Except for the shake but I chose that.  I only have yogurt with fruit.

Things I could do better:

Avoid liquids containing calories: Fail. But I choose to fail this. I like to have a protein shake every morning for breakfast. Sometimes if I am not careful I can get stuck on this. That way I know I start the day well and as I make it with milk I get around 25gm of protein. I usually then have another 4 meals. I do not eat that much..I think anyway. Wine....fail. The last 2 weeks have seen me slip back to having a drink every noght. I know about this old habit and more about that in another post.


So I think I am doing ok.  I have really tried to change my habits and occasionally fail...but hey that is part of life.  I am trying to live by my word Balance and have the odd treat.  But you know what...most the time I don't really feel like it.  I am happy with my weight loss overall except I have not moved for a while but am a little dissapointed considering how tight my band has been...however I am having the wine...still way way less than before.

In fact the scale showed a gain yesterday of .8kg (1.76lb) but it is gone today.  I knew it was temporary as I barely ate over the weekend...my friend even noticed.  I am hungrier today but will see how it goes before I get another fill as these last 3 weeks have been difficult to eat alot of the time.  I am indeed one of those lucky ones to have had restriction from Day 1....very lucky as I still only have 2.25 mls in my band.

Measurements:

17/3/10

Neck:  36cm
Arms:   30cm
Chest:  108cm
Waist:  111cm
Hips:  118cm
Legs:  64cm

14/12/09

Neck - 37
Left arm - 34
Right arm - 34
Chest - 127
Waist - 118
Hips - 127
Legs - not measured

I wish I had taken a measurement of my stomach obetween my boobs and waist...it would be a huge difference now.

Positives:

* I am more positive
* I am off my crutches and mostly out of my boot ( I am sure the weight loss is a big part of it)
* I no longer obsess about food or binge ...I do still think of food but in terms of what can I eat that is nutritious, band friendly etc
* I have lost 15.6 kg - over half way to my first worst weight goal and 1.6kg off my best weight half way point.
*  I am fitting into lots of my old clothes
*  I am not dieting
*  I feel like going out again and my real personality is returning. 
*  I want to live
*  I have some new bras.
*  I have 58 supporters of this blog
*  I am enjoying cooking again

Negatives:

*  I PB alot
*  Sometimes I don't enjoy my food because of the way it goes down....hard to explain but I just don't enjoy it

Well I have no regreats at the moment so it is a good place to be.

Thanks for all your support

Sally xxx

11 comments:

  1. You said "I think I'm doing ok" - What the? 15.6kg is WAY better than ok!!!!!

    You are doing great! Congratulations and thanks for sharing what you do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was such a positive, helpful post. I must remember to take vitamins more often myself.

    Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's important to analyze & evaluate periodically. Way more positives than negatives on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Bandiversary! Things have really changed for you in a good way. I love my wine too so want to fit it into my way of eating. Still learning from the best.

    Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have done so well! Wow, 34 pounds in 3 months is really fab.

    Your lists are awesome too. You sound like you are doing just the right things. As for the wine - you probably read my posts about the benefits of wine, and that one doc from Australia who wrote the band book advocates drinking wine with the band!

    Way to go & thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's great! Did your band have fluid in it when it was placed? Or did you just feel restriction from the empty band? Just curious, I'm 8 days from band day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just reminded me that I totally missed my three month bandiversary! :)

    You're doing so great!! I am still jealous of that restriction you've had. Mine stops by for a visit now and again but mostly I am desperate for more fill!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Bandiversary!!! What a great post. I love your positive attitude. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy bandiversary! :)

    You're a bit less than 2 months ahead of me in terms of being banded and it's nice to see there so much to look forward to in such a short space of time. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesomeness...you must be feeling very good about yourself! Keep up the great work...vitamin taking is my downfall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a great inspiration and a great support to me and I too think you are doing more than ok. It is a great post full of advice and honnesty and thank you for sharing that with us.

    ReplyDelete