If you remember I have been one of the lucky ones (please don't hate me for this!!!) who has preety much had ok restriction since my operation and even more so after my first fill losing 4kg (8.8lbs) in a month. After my last fill I was uber tight and had lots of PBing and could barely eat for 4 days until Tuesday this week. This is why I am so confused....I have been getting pretty hungry and although I still can't eat loads I am not staying full for very long in fact at 3.30 I had a cup of chicken fried rice at Tafe and I was hungry again at 5pm...although I had a cup of tea and now don't feel like dinner!!! WTF???
So today's eating:
8.45 am 3 rice crackers wit hlite cheese
10.30am strawberries, blueberries and yogurt
12md skim cap
1.30 pm protein bar...I had a sald to have but as we are not supposed to eat in class I had the bar
3.30pm chicken fried rice (last nights dinner)
I had 2 processed things today which I usually never have but being in class makes it a little harder.
Yesterday was:
10.30 am skim cap
12md small serve of chicken soup (chunky with sour cream)
2.30pm Strawberries and blueberries with yogurt
6pm 3/4 cup chicken fried rice
WINE
9pm handful of nuts.
As I am typing this I am thinking that the wine this week and the snack after dinner is not helping but then I have been hungrier.
Confused: How can I have had good restriction all the way through and now be hungrier????? Please help. I don't understand......may be I am not eating as much as I think????
Thankful: To you all for all those fabulous comments you left (and Cara I KNOW you always post...thanks). I woke up this morning and I think that is the most comments I have ever had...I feel so loved again and 53 followers....thank you thank you thank you. Your support, wisdom and friendship means so much to me. (Off soapbox now)
I am leaving you with a Recipe for Salmon Patties as requested by SandyLee...I love these and have substitued the potato for sweet potato as it is lower GI and it works ok. I would probably add a grated zucchini or carrot next time for extra vegies as the first time I had a tiny tiny salad with it but as I was more restricted earlier this I wouln't get that in and want to up the vegie intake next time. You could also add an egg or white as I found them more crumbly with the sweet potato. Hope you like them
Salmon Potato Cakes
Ingredients
450gm (15oz) Desiree Potatoes, peeled & chopped
1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
2 x 200gm (6.66 oz)cans pink salmon, drained & flaked
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons each of finely chopped chives and parsley ( I used dried)
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
olive oil spray
- Cook potatoes in saucepan of boiling water for 10-12 mins. Drain. Transfer to a bowl and mash (I microwaved the potatoes)
- Add peas, salmon, lemon rind. lemon juice, chives, parsley and half the breadcrumbs to the potato. Shape into 8 patties. Coat patties in remaining breadcrumbs.
- Spray a large frying pan with oil. heat over medium heat. Cook patties for 4-5 minutes each side until golden and heated through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towl (why??? There is no excess oil!!!) Serve with lemon wedges and salad. Enjoy!!!!
Calories: 279
Protein: 24gm
Fat: 7gm
Sat fat: 2gm
Carbs: 25gm
Finally the clothes go to Epiphinay......
Thanks for listening if you are still here.....
Sally xxx


I'm still a newbie - but I've noticed that alot of bandsters complain about unusual hunger around their TOM.
ReplyDeleteHope it gets better soon
You really aren't eating a lot - could you try to forgo the cuppa in the morning and have some brekkie instead?
ReplyDeleteBut it sounds like you are doing good anyway :-) you should be very proud of yourself
I've just spent a few days with TOM (although it took a minute to work that out LOL) and I have been much hungrier and snackier.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the clothes, it's cheered up my day, feeling a part of a little community. xx
I struggle with too. I feel like I'm as tight as I can go right now, but I still get hungry. One thing I noticed is that if I eat solid protein VS carbs (like your Fried rice) I stay fuller longer. I posted recently that I want to eat fewer soft foods because of this.
ReplyDeleteI've been wandering if a want like a drop of a fill to get rid of the hunger.
Good luck!
Thankyou. Thankyou. Thankyou for the salmon patties recipe. I think I will make them this weekend.
ReplyDeleteCheer up. You are doing great. But it's ok to b!itch sometimes here. We always listen.
Good Morning!
ReplyDeleteThis sounds exactly like what happened to me after my last fill. Mine was being a LB too. I will say that 'time of the month' plays a BIG part in my hunger. I've read that food passes through 50% faster than it normally does during this time due to hormones.
Have you tracked your calories? Maybe you are not getting enough? It doesn't look like too much food in my opinion.
I hope you feel better and just keep in mind that this will pass soon!
:)
I have become a big fan of salmon patties. I have not made them. LOL but now that I see the recipe I might give it a try. The ones I buy are at Whole FOods. (Love that Store) they are salmon, feta and spinach. They are so delicious my youngest is always like mom remember I get some of yours. To cute..
ReplyDelete