Weight Loss Ticker

Monday, June 7, 2010

Ironing and Collarbones

Thanks for all your wonderfully supportive comments on my therapy post.  I do not feel like I put it out there in a very artistic way but I needed to say it.  I wish I wrote as beautifully as some of you....sigh...more comparing going on here....

Anyway, my mum started her 6 months of chemo today and when about a month ago she told me she needed the chemo again and that she was booked on a flight to Melbourne for our niece's graduation ceremony...she just finshed her degree in nursing.  When I heard about the chemo and this event I asked Wayne to book me on the same flight and being the most adorable man in the world (yep I am coming to Chicago!!!! so he is!!!) he did.

This is a big deal to me because :
  1. I just felt I needed to be with my mum and my family
  2. Wayne is Overseas and my kids would need to be minded ( which I hate to do...they love!!)
  3. My cousin will reallly appreciate the family support
Well, mum started chemo today and said to me on the weekend that she would have cancelled the trip if I wasn;t coming.  I feel so great to have now made the effort to go for my cousin/ neice and for putting my very fabulous friends out (they are minding the girls for me)

So, back to the title of this post....Wayne is away and we are talking to him on Skype which is  video calling system and we are chatting away and I see my collarbones on the screen and they are there....how aweome...I always loved my collarbones....way back when I could see them.

And tonight I was catching up on the ironing and ironing some of my stuff and I just got thinking that my clothes were normal looking...you know not huge and of a normal size and I felt great knowing that tomorrow they would fit me....big change!!

Hope you are all travelling well

13 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers and healing vibes are with your Mama...she sounds like a very tough woman so I have no doubts this will just be a hurdle she has to get over!

    Your hubs can be the twin of my Stephen. Good men are hard to find but we each have one!

    Thank you for always being there for me my friend! You are a very special lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and you also have very nice collar bones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the day I found my collarbones. Magical it was.

    I am sorry to hear about you mom. That must be very hard for not only her, but you...and those that love her.

    As always, I am excited to meet you in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally.. first my very best thoughts and prayers for your mom's chemo journey (believe me caregivers make all the difference in how the patients feel)..
    And how about sexy you with those collar bones..I say if you've got them .. show them off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (wolf whistle) for the collarbones.
    sally sending prayers for your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for your collarbones! Tell them Gilly says WELCOME BACK!

    All the best to you with your mum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sally - you are such a caring and thoughtful person. I'm so glad you get to be with your mum to support her.

    (and woot-woot! for collar bones!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sally,

    Your therapy post gave me chills! We are alot alike. I'm working on my "inner child", meditation is amazing, and I'd be lost without my career. There's too much to put in one comment. You are a really amazing and strong woman. Wow.

    Love,
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah for collarbones. Do I read your ticker right-less than 2 kg (<4 pounds) to goal?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry to hear about your mom.

    Collarbones are a wonderful NSV!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY to collarbone sightings!!! Nothing better...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Collarbones are so sexy!
    I hope your Mom does well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes indeed good vibes to your mom X 1000!

    Congrats on the collarbones! Now that I found mine, I can't stop touching them!

    ReplyDelete