I sent the clinic an email and they want me to come in tomorrow. I think I need a little bit out maybe just .1ml but I am so scared too....I have always had restriction but what if I can eat a bucket load again???
Also I have tests and assessments at college tomorrow but this is the only time I can go as Wayne is coming home tomorrow night and Ican't leave the kids with my mum for too long because she is really not well....arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok...Band Groupie just left a meesage saying to google globus sensation...I did and these are my symptoms....so here are some questions...please ehlp I am freaking out!!!
• Does anone know what causes it?
• Do you think I am too tight?
• Can you hear everything you eat or drink loudly going down??? (I mean people in a lift even have commented on it???)
• It sounds like reflux....what does that mean?
• Do you think it will lead to problems with the band further down the track???
Thank you I am so freaked out right now....



Catching up...not sure if anyone told you, but Google 'globus sensation' and reflux...some with reflux only get this 'lump in the throat' feeling, no burning at all. Good luck with the Doc tomorrow Sweetie...let us know what happens. I'm wondering if I could stand a tiny bit out to relieve some of the reflux, but I'm also afraid to mess with perfect restriction!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got an appointment. Sorry I couldn't comment on your earlier post. I do get reflux and take a daily nexium, but that was after they did a lot of tests to make sure everything was OK. Hope you can just get a drop taken out.
ReplyDeleteGood luck at the doctor's! I hope they solve your problem without ridding you of restriction!
ReplyDeleteHope they get you fixed up!
ReplyDeleteHeal up quickly!
ReplyDeleteOK, I'm still up and I have no clue what time it is there (and I'm too tired to look LOL), but you'll be fine sister! All good questions for your Doc! Reflux is THE most common side effect of banding and your globus sensation is just a symptom of reflux (some say stress can add to it). Yes, the reflux can get worse the tighter your Band is. I, and many other Banders are on a PPI medicine to control the reflux (I take a daily Nexium). As I understand it, the time to get worried is when you have any uncontrolled reflux during the night (coughing, regurgitation, burning, even vomiting or reflux out the nose...eww). Don't eat right before bed and don't drink too much wine (like me) until you're healed. I gurgle like crazy in the mornings and sporadically the rest of the time. Let me know what the Doc says about all this...I'm curious what answers you'll get!
ReplyDeleteSend me a note anytime you want GF! You'll be fine!
email: nginkgo@zoominternet.net
*hugs* Hope it all goes well at the doctors and that it's something that can be fixed really easily.
ReplyDeleteSTRESS! Please let us know how your tests went and what the doctor says? Love you!
ReplyDeleteHi, just started following your blog. I get lots of gurgling noise, specially when I eat something that is finding it hard to get through and saliva or liquid is squeezing through. I know it loud, as my mum has heard it from the other side of the room. I was at a meeting the other night and had a bit of gurgling and praying it wasn't too loud. Could only imagine what the ppl must of been thinking LOL
ReplyDelete