Hi
I am due for a fill on Friday which I am looking forward to. The last week and half I have been getting more interested in food again whilst not really loving anything I eat. Does anyone else find this??? I really love a thick chunky soup like Jen's Chicken Tortilla Soup. (love this recipe and have cooked it many times...thanks Jen.) But sometimes I can't eat what I feel like and it gets difficult.
I know my losses this month have been far from impressive....I think I have lost around 1.8 kg (3.96lbs) since my last fill. Now I know that i have not been making the best choices...before my last period (the week before Easter...and yes it is relevant!!!) I used to make sure that every meal counted...so I would make sure I ate something nutritious that contibuted to my body and to ensure that I got the best possible result with the band.
However, since my last period when I ate all the chocolate and upped the wine intake I must say that I have been a bit off track...not badly as I do try to avoid slider food and really how much can a bandster binge??? The thing is I am finding it hard to get back on track without suffering the dieter mentality.
I, like Gen do not want to diet...I was however making better choices. I just still want the wine at night and sometimes that leads to late night snacking especially when I am not satisfied with my food. I really miss my vegies...and sometimes I can't get them in...therefore I think that is why I crave the thick soups.
I know I have done ok overall but I want to get it going again....does anyone have any advice that is not too diety???
This is what I have eaten today:
7.30 am Porridge (about 1/4 cup)
12.30 am Chicken Tortilla Soup about 1 cup (would of eaten earlier but didn't have anything on me)
2.00pm Cheesestick
4pm 1 small mandarin
Dinner will be a muffin sized meatloaf with bacon and hopefully some broccoli and I will have some wine!!!
It is not much when you write it out I suppose.
I am super cranky today....just got my (.) I am studying for a test and have heaps on and I just want to catch up on blogs but then I find it all so overwhelming when I realise that I haven't read some of your blogs forever...like Joey...sorry!!! and Vanessa...sorry and and and....
Anyway...any advice you guys have will be appreciated....and best of luck to Robin who is being banded tomorrow...thinking of you
Next post I will not whinge...promise
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I often feel really bad too until I sit back and work out how much I really have eaten. Then, especially in comparison to what I'd eat before, I realise how small the amount is.
ReplyDeleteIt really isn't "easy" as so many people think it is, eh?
Hey Sally I'm not *too* far off getting into those denim shorts and white top you sent. I can fit in the shorts but not do them up, top goes on but doesn't look good yet. :)
Wow that is fantastic...well done and don't forget to post pics. Might be a little to cold though
ReplyDeleteHow good is that....You think you are off track and still you lose....My Doctor has stated to me , on two occassions now , he can not promise I will lose...BUT....he is sure I will not gain....
ReplyDeleteHurrah for the band...
Sorry - I am no help cos I am a baby bander - but will be interested in what people say!
ReplyDeleteHey Mamma,
ReplyDeleteI have the same experience whenever I track my food... We're really at SUCH a different eating place than we used to be! My guessing advice would be add some fruit and veggie snacks if you like!
It sounds like a fill may just fix the hunger issue. Other than that, try to eat protein if you do have to eat...boring advice, I know!
ReplyDeleteThis is a tip my doc gave me, and its really simple and really worked for me. switch to solid foods, if you have a protein shake, make it a protein bar, porridge to like turkey sausage, soup to a wrap, or something. This will make your metabolism recognize that you are eating, it can't tell that you are eating very little and it will get all revved up and burn burn burn. Between that and upping my water, I truly felt like I could eat basically anything (I went on two vacations and had pizza and desert even) and I still stayed at a steady 2lb a week loss!
ReplyDeleteGood luck
I am in the same spot, even posted something similar yesterday. Just kinda feeling blah about food, but hungry and frustrated with my limited choices. Blah blah blah. Just know it WILL get better!
ReplyDeleteI think the other thing that happens to us with stalls is that since we're eating low calories (around 1000) our bodies are basically in starvation mode, so, when we do jump to 1800 calories for a couple of days, which preband would have been okay, we hold onto weight more than before.
ReplyDeleteOr that could be my fantasy world!
awww...you go ahead and whinge.
ReplyDeleteIf you can't whinge here where can ya?
Take care - hope you feel better soon :-)
Super Cranky - hi - nice to meet you - I'm Shitabulous. Blah - it's the weather or something. You'll be alright and you'll feel better soon! We love you!
ReplyDeleteyup I got the book-I am almost done reading it and will send it on to Caroline.
ReplyDeleteTina
Other than a hysterectomy, I can't think of any other great advice that hasn't been given to you! All bets are off when it's my special time of the month. Moving on...
ReplyDeleteYes, I have both a vertical and low horizontal incision. Vertical brings everything "in" (my love handles really do look better when the swelling isn't there). The horizontal incision brought everything "up" (including my cha cha, which I was not expecting).
I'm excited for Chicago, too. I'm trying to think about future things to keep my mind off of the swelling. Thanks for all your supportive comments, I've really appreciated them.