Well I apologise to everyone for not making many comments over the last few weeks....Life has been a little crazy with School Holidays, our trip to Melbourne, my birthday and then other stuff which I will get to in a moment.
I just want to thank everyone for their great welcoming comments about coming to Chicago....some days I pinch myself that it is really happening and others days I think I am crazy flying over 20 hours to meet not one person I know in another country. DH is freaked out about me being by myself and going through LA airport without him. When we travel he likes to hold all the paperwork, passports etc and while I am a very independant gal I let him because he just needs to protect us and he is more relaxed if I let him do it. (Side note: Wayne lost his mum at 18 yrs and Dad at 20 yrs...therefore he is SUPER protective of us as he knows what loss is)
He is super thrilled that I am sharing all the days with Roo and now Sandy is staying on to keep us company and that means so much to me...thanks Sandy :). How cool is my hubby, with all those concerns, being thrilled for me to come???? Priceless.... We are trying to work out a cover story for me as my immediate family...including my young kids do not know about the band...ideas atm are that I won a competition thru College or that I am meeting up with an old internet friend....any others????
I had the best weekend which spiralled into the worst week. I won't go into details but it depressed me so much that I reverted to some very scary behaviour. I tried so hard to binge but stuff would not go through the band. I just wanted to punish myself by eating my feelings. I know I do this and it was a good reminder of how I got to where I was before the band. It is easier for me to eat food and punish myself rather than deal with the things that are hurting me so much.
I have also been hovering around the same weight for a while and saw the scales move upwards and was so peeved because before the attempted binges I had been able to keep so little down. I am also feeling fat which I hate because I am also feeling great fitting into so many of my old clothes too....what a Catch 22??? I am trying so hard not to fall into old dieting mentality of going on a diet to lose the weight for Chicago but with the extra hunger those thoughts are truly there. This week I am able to get much more down and am really looking forward to my next Dr's appt next Friday.
I need to do some research on Chicago....and also USA because there are so many stupid things I want to check out...like grits, kale, Gap, JC Crew, salt water taffy??? greens (Jen's way!!!) and so much more...what are these things??? I am so excited....I want to contribute too. Have sent Drazil a few ideas.
Tomorrow is ANZAC day in Australia....ANZAC stands for Australian & New Zealand Army Corps. It is a day when we remember our fallen soldiers and their lives that they gave for us. We also remember those men and women who are serving oversea at the moment. This is a special time for my sister's family. Her husband is a Commando, which is a high level soldier that goes into combat for their country. Quite often their Identities are protected...for instance when they walk in our Anzac Day parade they do so in civilian dress or if they are preparing to go overseas when they usually have beards, they step out of the parade before they are seen.....wierd hey??? Anyway, tomorrow we will gr to the dawn service at his army camp....we meet at my sister's at 4 am. I am so proud of my eldest daughter who reminded us of the importance of going. My BIL has served many times in Timor, Iraq and twice in Afganistan...we salute you and all the brave men and women around the world who serve our countries so well (Thinking of you Nikki!!!)
Well thanks for listening and I promise that I am trying to get around to all your blogs. Let me know if I am not following you!!! I feel so bad that you comment on mine and I am so behind.....
Oh and Amy W ...I feel like I have arrived!!!! Thanks for joining my blog...can I be a Rockstar too????
Sally xxxx
PS: Would someone buy me a copy of the current 'Southern Living" mag and bring it to me in Chicago????? I will give you the money ...I just want to know what you guys are talking about!!!!
Sandi's Banded Living
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I so wish I was coming to Chicago ... Iven been looking at it every which way and its getting time off work that is the problem !!!! We are planning a trip to the USA next May/June so I am hoping maybe 2011 BOOBs falls then! fingers crossed! I am sorry you have had a hard week .. Mondays a new week so new focus and new goals! xxx
ReplyDeleteSorry that you have had a rough week. Hope things look up for you soon.
ReplyDeleteHmmm... cover stories? I was thinking maybe an old school mates wedding? But then I guess you would need wedding photo's - lol!!
I think they are doing a 5k - could it be some previously unknown sporting ambition?
Can't wait to see what you come up with :-)
I think something to do with your study... or job.. special course or workshop... say its tax deductable ... Maybe I should say that doh doh !
ReplyDeleteI still have many changes too. I've been struggling with a post and hopefully it will help sort out some of my blocks.
ReplyDeleteAs to the story-keep it simple. Retreat sounds good too. Could be for almost anything-weight, work, etc. I'm an internet friend (so is Roo) so that'll work too. I just wish I had known you last year when we were in Sydney! Don't worry about LAX-my DH is the same, but keep all your papers together and it'll be easy peasy. Chele lives in Chicago and offered to pick up some people from the airport (Chicago) so that might help too. All will work out.
So sorry you are having a little bit of a rough spot. You will get through it for sure!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to visit with you in Chicago but don't count on getting Grits in the Windy City. You'll have to wait until B.O.O.B.s meet in the South for that! Send me an email with your home address and I will be happy to send you a copy of Southern Living Magazine.
jdt36x@yahoo.com.
I really, really hope I can come to Chicago so I can meet you!! In the South we love some grits, so if we can't find any in a restaurant in Chicago, I will buy some and make them for you!! Send me your address I will send you some magazines if you want - rolltide31304@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteI can not wait to meet you in person! You are an adventerous girl... I like that!
ReplyDelete